Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Twitter @unicodavidsmith as much of my (re)tweeting is soccer related, with a healthy dose of CU Buffs (one of my other blogs), football in general and a little poker.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tickets! Tickets! Tickets!

Usually when my dog freaks out and starts barking bloody murder, there is no one even there, but he thought he might have seen or maybe heard something go by out front, and I thought this time was no different.  I was home for a quick Thursday lunch walk and was getting ready to head back to school when he went ape.  I figured no one was really at the door and went to pull him away and shut him up when I saw there was indeed a bright yellow uniform walking up the drive.  It didn't register at first but as I squeezed out the door and she asked, "Where ya goin?" but I instantly realized that this package was the last key component to the trip: the actual freaking tickets to the games!  I actually "whooped" in the poor woman's face (also setting off the dog again).  I signed for them and literally ran inside to open them up, (and open I did over the next few minutes , as each and every single ticket-not even a pair to the same game could be placed together-came in a separate envelope with its own separate two-page letter-what a waste of paper).  I set them all out on the table and texted the picture to my wife at work, as well as a few friends.  They looked real nice and I am not shy about showing the picture to people. We might just keep those Bosnia-Iran tickets as a souvenir.

That evening, we checked out exactly where our seats are for each game and they all look great.  The Recife stadium looks amazing and with only 42,ooo seats, every section has fantastic sightlines.  Our closest to the field seats might actually be the ones at the Marakana in Rio.

Lastly, to top it off, the next day our vouchers for our FIFA hotels came as well. I guess we better start packing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment